Re: BUG: Ran out of space while installing ubuntu-sdk/go-qml directly on Nexus 4

On 03/16/2014 04:24 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
hi,
Am Sonntag, den 16.03.2014, 11:03 -0400 schrieb David Marceau:
On 03/16/2014 09:42 AM, David Marceau wrote:
On 03/16/2014 08:09 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
sudo losetup -c /dev/loop0
sudo resize2fs /dev/loop0
none of these tools will be available in recovery mode (you would have
to port them to bionic first to even make them available)

seriously (on your PC):

sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static
sudo qemu-debootstrap --arch armhf trusty my-devel-chroot
sudo chroot my-devel-chroot
(do whatever you want to do wrt development)

is the better approach ...

I fully agree with you that cross-compiling is the better approach, but for the sake of completness let me mention that it is not really necessary to port the tools to bionic. Statically linked binaries built on Ubuntu work fine in recovery. You can push them using adb and then run them from adb shell. Again cross compiling using for example arm-eabi-gcc is the best way to build them.

These commands should work in recovery for extending the UT system image:

   truncate -s 3G /data/system.img
   resize2fs /data/system.img