Dialer-app Customization

Now that USSD code support is soon going to be in our images, it's time we
discuss how we can allow a carrier to customize the dialer app.  Some ideas
that we've come up with so far:

* Visual theming: Showing the operator's logo on the 'Loading' screen
that's shown while a USSD code is running, or showing the logo in the Snap
Decision

* Custom Hooks run on USSD codes: Maybe running an operator's specific USSD
code pops up an app that shows them their minutes/data usage or allows to
pay the bill?  Or maybe running #2# pulls debug information from the phone
and sends it to the operator

* Ubuntu specific USSD codes:  To enable disable settings without having to
launch the settings app

Keep in mind that any plugins or apps would have to be contained in /custom
to be useful for oems/carriers.

Are there any other areas of customizations here that we've missed?  Has
there been any design around USSD codes and how to handle/customize them?

Thanks!
Chris

Follow ups