Re: Landing team 08.05.14

* Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today we had 2 images under the radar, one of which we decided
> to promote! After general dogfooding and smoketesting gave us a
> green light, image #17 has been officially promoted! Enjoy!

Image 18 is looking pretty good too.  3G is working for me, for
the first time ever, and so is the alarm function.  Alarms can
even play during music without interrupting the song.

Recently-fixed issues:

  - http://pad.lv/1283236 - Alarms are always triggered in UTC
    regardless of local time zone, and can't be set after
    midnight.

  - http://pad.lv/1283212 - Unable to edit alarms.

  - Installing an app without a U1 account configured works
    again.  It takes the user to the U1 configurator now, instead
    of just doing nothing.

  - "Dialer app -> call log -> save contact -> create new" works
    again.

  - The missing or broken "bottom edge -> quit" functions no
    longer matter, since apps don't use the bottom edge that way
    any more.

Regressions:

  - Tapping a web link in the SMS app used to open the browser.
    It doesn't any more.

  - With the bottom edge menu gone, a variety of functions are no
    longer accessible.  For example, "Terminal -> bottom edge ->
    Watch Star Wars".  Okay, so that one isn't a huge loss, but
    there might be some genuinely useful functions which aren't
    accessible any more.

Old issues still present:

  - http://pad.lv/1306499 - Sound indicator is very laggy during
    playback.

  - http://pad.lv/1288332 - can't disable auto-rotate or make it
    less sensitive.

  - http://pad.lv/1288552 - indicator menus cancel current scope
    activity (phone only, not on tablet)

  - Wired headset buttons do nothing, and poor support for wired
    headsets in general.  Bugs 1309734, 1309731, 1309727,
    1292420.

  - http://pad.lv/1248973 - Location and GPS box don't stay
    checked.

  - http://pad.lv/1287736 - Account settings app behaves
    strangely on both open and close.

  - Our alarm sound sounds more like a phone than the ring tones
    do.

-- Selene