Re: Develpers Heads Up !!! serious issues with our session startup

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014, 17:49 +0100 schrieb Dimitri John Ledkov:

> Why is it actually a problem? On android, if you are lucky, you do get
> to home screen with no widgets running with every app triggering popup
> "out of disk space". And popups of apps and services crashing.
> If app crashes due to no disk space, it's not app's repsonsibility to
> not handle this as an error & notify user. Instead life-cycle
> management / shell should do that.
> On the desktop we get notify popups when reaching the limits of disk
> space, has it been investigated to provide something like that on
> touch, yet?

Such a meeting with mtp is planned next week ... the real issue we
currently have is that the shell can not even start so you end up with a
black screen ... and due to the landing being very intrusive along with
a very bad image state during the last two weeks I'm still holding back
on it ... with the images 44 and 45 supposedly being back in a usable
shape again I plan to prepare a silo where we can run various tests
against to finally land the move of dbus handling from $HOME to
$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR.

As I said though, there are many consumers of the dbus-session file that
need to be identified, I hope to do that over the weekend or early next
week ... once we have that in place you should at least get a session
back up again so that even if you ignored a former diskspace warning
message you should still be able to do emergency calls when booting with
a full homedir.

ciao
	oli