Re: Simple mass-change: Mark universe packages for langpacks, please include in your next MP

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 14:33 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I think in that case, we do want changes from the archive to be landed
> directly to the upstream branches in question, which I believe is already at
> least somewhat automated.  Could you expand on your concern regarding "wrong
> versions"?  If this isn't currently working the way it should, let's figure
> that out and get it fixed.

I think the issue is that CI Train rejects that an upload as an error
for the next landing. So if I land r1, then you push r1+1, when I try to
land r2 I get an error that I have to go and fix. This occurs an hour or
more into the landing process and requires largely starting over. Plus
since for most developers they aren't their own lander, it requires
communication with the landers and another round trip.

The simplest fix that I could see is that CI Train could commit the
distro changes to trunk before landing the branch that is selected. So
in the case above it'd try to land r1+1 as r2, and then merge my r2 as
r3. For most things that are pushed to distro this would be conflict
free and largely remove the interruption to the developer getting things
landed.

Ted