Re: Frequent reboots under devel-proposed images #95 and #96?

On miércoles 25 de junio de 2014 09h'00:02 ART, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
On 06/25/2014 02:21 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
hi,
Am Dienstag, den 24.06.2014, 23:44 -0500 schrieb Victor Thompson:

This has been an issue for me for a little while. I'm on 87 now and I think it
was (at least) two promoted images before that. I can't figure out the exact
cause so I haven't filed a bug.

if you do not see the google logo it is not rebooting. the symptoms look
rather like either lightdm or Mir is crashing, have a look in /var/crash
if there are any crash files collected.

I sometimes see the google logo and sometimes do not. I have a bunch of crash files in /var/crash and I just used /usr/share/apport/whoopsie-upload-all on.

Does the boot logo ever stop running btw?

These are the standard crashes when using the system for long enough (+5 hours user style use) which I hope thomi's monkey finger pilot starts exposing to people not using the device for user level purposes.

That said, I've heard all kinds of things from non-authoritative sources about these crash reports lately from them not being properly sent to the armhf ones
not being useful. Can someone set the record straight on this?

Those rumours seems to be true; I was hoping that haing them properly generated and on errors.ubuntu.com would be sufficient as this is not really easy to reproduce except for saying, "use the phone for a day without rebooting" (emphasis on "use" and not just leave it on).