Re: Landing team 26.06.14

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Sergio Schvezov <
sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I get that. You have two bugs, and you can't fix them both at the same
> time. You will have to ignore one. In my opinion, a saner process would be
> to fix the one that already has a test. Then write a test for the other
> one, and then fix it.
> > Of course, not everybody will agree to this in all the cases, but we
> need a good reason to go the other way.
>
> Doesn't that depend on the importance of the bug?

Sure.
But that question becomes relevant only if we don't have enough resources
to make the two fixes on the same release, or if the issues will be
blocking many other teams for a while.
I also tend to value more a feature that has a failing automated test even
if it's less visible or smaller. The poor test is only doing its job and
proving it is valuable by finding a regression. We can't get enough of
those, so it would be a sad *temporary* loss.

pura vida.