Re: Landing team 28.07.14

* Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even though we had high hopes for a promotion today, sadly this
> was not possible...

We had hoped for 155 to fix the current critical issues, but a
new issue popped up instead.  The new issue was a build process
issue, not a code change, and it resulted in using mesa libraries
instead of hardware GL.  This then prevents the GUI from
starting, making the phone totally unusable.

An attempt was made to fix it for image 156, but it seems there
was more than one cause and not all of them were fixed.  So,
image 156 has the same issue.

The immediate symptoms can be worked around by changing one
symlink and running ldconfig, but the root cause is much more
complicated and could take a while to resolve properly.  We'll
probably be using an incomplete fix for at least a few days while
things get fully resolved.

  /etc/alternatives/arm-linux-gnueabihf_mirclientplatform_conf
  should link to
  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/android/ld.so.conf
  , not to
  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/mesa/ld.so.conf

However, after that link is fixed, the rest of the image is
looking pretty good.  The mediascanner issue appears to be fixed,
or at least I can see and play media files again.  IIRC, that was
the main issue we were hoping to fix in image 155, it it looks
like the fix worked.

-- Selene