Re: vivid landings

On Sun, 2014-11-02 at 01:39 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 12:16:44PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> > > Note in particular that this means that bugfixes targeted to the OTA-1 or
> > > OTA-2 milestones should also be landed *only* to vivid for the time being.
> > > The 14.09 channel is only for RTM-targeted bugfixes, until we get a golden
> > > image for the RTM milestone and an all-clear from the product management
> > > team.
> > So does that mean we'll do a Vivid sync before OTA1?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here by "vivid sync", but the OTA1 will be based
> on the ubuntu-rtm/14.09 branch, and as I understand it will only include
> targeted bugfixes cherry-picked from vivid.

Hmm, okay. While when starting to work on a bug people can branch it off
the RTM or 14.10 branch and it should be easy to cherry pick, it's going
to perhaps cause issues when we take bugs that are fixed in Vivid and
pull them into rtm-14.09. Not sure if that's going to be a practical or
purely theoretical issue.

At some point we're going to have to pull Vivid onto the phone in an
update. I'm not sure when that is scheduled for, so that's what I was
also asking. Apparently OTA1 is not the answer :-) I imagine it'll be
sometime after Vivid's feature freeze at least, but I haven't seen it
scheduled.

Ted