Re: Reviews and bug reports

* Robert Schroll <rschroll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I'd like to hear from other developers, would you find this
> useful enough to turn on for your projects?

It might be a nice extra, and it sounds like *something* should
be done to improve this part of our app store...  but I'm not
sure which solution would actually be best.

If the phone UI supports filing bugs, it'll need to allow more
than just Launchpad because many developers use some other
system.  It doesn't mean we couldn't make LP integrate better
than others, but it shouldn't be limited to just one.  Also,
it'll need to provide a template to fill in, since most users
don't understand how to file a useful bug report.  At the very
least, get them to write down the steps they took, the result
they expected, and what actually happened instead.

Bug filing may improve things, but users will still leave bugs in
the reviews, support requests in the bugs, and reviews in the
support channel.  And the other way around.  And they'll file
reviews / requests which aren't even relevant, or ask for things
(like refunds, entertainment, and world peace) that the recipient
isn't able to help with.

I guess what I'm getting at is that both the developer situation
and user behavior are messy, so anything we add to the store
should be versatile and forgiving to avoid problems with corner
cases.

-- Selene