Re: Reviews and bug reports

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That seems to be conflating two meanings of "good".

For developers, getting lots of *high ratings* is important.

For users, getting lots of *informative reviews* is important.

Granted, but please remember I brought this up to explain why developers would want this feature. One could imagine all sorts of things we could do with LP bugs to help users out (list open bugs along with review, show the bug closure rate, display the average time taken to close bugs), but I'm trying to keep this proposal nice and focused.

Ultimately, what users want are bug-free apps, and to get this we need an easy way for bugs to be reported.

Expecting Ubuntu Touch app developers to field bug reports on
Launchpad is even less reasonable than expecting Android app
developers to field bug reports on Google Code. If you use Launchpad,
that's great! But most app developers are already tracking bug reports
somewhere else. And dealing with bug reports in two places is a nuisance.

I'm not expecting them to do anything. I'm offering them an added feature if they host bugs on LP. Some developers won't use it, but that puts them no worse off than they are now. But I think some devs would turn it on, benefiting both them and their users.

So I'd like to hear from other developers, would you find this useful enough to turn on for your projects?

Robert