Re: Dekko Email Client call for testing

On 09/02/15 12:02, Dan Chapman wrote:

On 09/02/15 09:14, Alan Bell wrote:
can I use Dekko on my Ubuntu 14.10 laptop? I grabbed the bzr repo, but
couldn't figure out how to build/run it. Will it be in 15.04?

Yes you can run it from the build dir, you need to have ubuntu-sdk and qml-module-qtcontacts installed

$ cd dekko
$ mkdir __build && cd __build
$ cmake ..
$ make -j2
$ ./dekko

I would highly suggest to not try and install it though. The desktop install setup is completely broken. If someone is willing to fix that up then I see no reason why we can't try and get it in 15.04, deb packaging is not my forte :-)

well it works, which is great, but it is clearly very phone oriented at the moment, from the layout to the lack of tabbing between fields. Is this intended to be a converged email client for the desktop as well as mobile or is it going to be just for phones and tablets?