Landing team 13.02.15

Hello everyone!

QA has presented us with a full test result of the krillin image #234,
giving us a green light for promotion. We have therefore promoted it to
the RC channel as image #18. This essentially means the landing gates
are once again open for ubuntu-rtm.

As mentioned yesterday the mid-month promotions are a bit different
starting this month. Instead of promoting to the stable channel (also
known as 14.09), these images will be moved to the RC channel instead.
Currently the channel is called ubuntu-touch/rc/bq-aquaris.en, but Steve
is working on changes to the channel naming so that all are coherent and
good for all the supported devices. We will only release stable updates
once a month, usually during the last week.

As per the other announcement we are now preparing for the next
milestone next week. QA signed off the big oxide landing today which has
now landed and should be available on all 14.09-proposed devices in
todays nightly image. There is a lot of other fixes coming in so the
next images should really nice.

Final notes: Timo is also almost ready with Qt 5.4, meaning soon we
might have it landing in Ubuntu Vivid (desktop and touch). Exciting!
Next week will be really busy, considering that we also have the trusty
.2 release planned.

Have a nice weekend!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#234 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/234.commitlog

#97 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/97.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#97 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/97:20150213:20150210/12295/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Dialler shows 'No network' even though SIM is present (vivid)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1413316
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Location indicator switches are off and won't switch on if HERE T&Cs
were not accepted in the wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1414610

** Vivid Random lockups
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418707

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

** Crop tool sometimes selects the wrong area
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1404170
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.