Re: The BQ phone and the Nexus 4

I think that of phone manufacturers are paying Canonical for exclusive
scopes, the scopes should stay exclusive. The OS should be open source and
generally available, but there needs to be an incentive to phone
manufacturers to carry the OS on their phones, and custom-made extensions
to the OS (e.g., custom scopes, or any other customizations that can be
cooked up) should be available for Canonical to sell. As long as there
aren't any restrictions place upon the community to produce open source
versions of the scopes.