Re: Calendar no Longer Syncing

Have tried repeatedly to solve this, with no luck. Is there an easy way to export the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable so that syncevolution can find it?

I can find the current DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS by:
printenv DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

I just can't seem to do anything with it. I've tried installing dbus-launch, starting and killing an additional process as a script -

|#!/bin/basheval`dbus-launch --sh-syntax`export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID
sh /home/phablet/scipts/evolution-sync.sh

And attempting to use this as a cron job:
||54 9 * * * env `dbus-launch` sh -c 'trap "kill $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID" EXIT; ||/home/phablet/scipts/evolution-sync.sh|

I'm aware that none of this is being officially supported, but would appreciate some advice here. Currently there's no way to use Ubuntu Touch with caldav & carddav servers, so short of returning to Android, I'm attempting to find a hack to solve this.

Thanks,

Mitchell

On 07/02/15 10:17, Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Sat, 2015-02-07 at 10:04 +1100, Mitchell Reese wrote:
First ERROR encountered: creating source registry: Cannot autolaunch
D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
This error is because you're trying to run it under a shell where no
DBUS session is known about. You will need to find the correct value for
the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable, and include it in the
environment when running syncevolution by hand. Otherwise, dbus will
attempt to spawn a new session bus, which if successful will then
attempt to spawn new instances of whatever service for which
communication is attempted, which may not end so nicely.