Re: Allow installing apps from ubuntu touch app store without creating an account

On Wed, 2015-04-01 at 19:04 +0200, zed123 zed wrote:
> From what i read the main "problem" about this is that there are/will
> be apps that require an account(for in app purchases/persistent data).
>
> So i would say, simply require an account for apps that require one,
> and allow downloading without account for apps that don't need one.
> I think this should be quite easy to do, but that's just my guess on
> this.

Feel free to write a competing app store that doesn't require accounts.
You will quickly find that writing an app store is not so easy.

As Martin already stated, having apps that may have purchasing, or which
might want to synchronize data with Ubuntu One, are not the only reasons
for requiring an account.