Re: GPS problems on bq Aquaris

Il 03/04/2015 09:23, Matthias Apitz ha scritto:
> El día Friday, April 03, 2015 a las 08:45:06AM +0200, Roberto Resoli escribió:
>
>> My only big issue is with the GPS; I'm never been able to aquire a
>> stable fix, even leaving the phone outside for several hours. Location
>> service seems only to use network based methods.
>>
>> Is there a way to track the problem, monitoring the status of GPS fix
>> (number of satellites, etc.)? Even a simple text log would be sufficent.
>
> There is an app called SensorsStatus which gives some of the GPS
> information (not the numbers of sats); at least it would show you if you
> get a fix;

Yes, i tried both "Sensors Status" and "Location Test", but they are
more or less "yes-no" apps, giving little o no information about the
process of getting a fix.

Sensors Status gave me a copule of times indication that a fix was
aquired indeed, but with very bad precision, and with no z axis positioning.

>in general, the apps I found until now are more for consumer
> minded people, then for tech folks :-)

Yes, definitely i don't need a full featured graphical app (wich surely
will arrive over time), but a text log with selectable verbosity that
could help to track the fixing process.

> but we have the terminal app and we have SSH, and sudo...

yes!

bye
rob