Re: mirscreencast'ing an Ubuntu phone

I have improved my two scripts for screencasting and they work now
pretty much fine; the movie on the FreeBSD / Linux desktop is nearly
smothly;

You must be connected via SSH over USB tethering, Wifi is to poor for
the mass of frames:

run first on the host a script or command like this (note: fps=60 now):

#!/bin/sh
# read the 'mirscreencast' from the Ubuntu phone's MIR server
# see there 'cast.sh'
#
# co guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, April 2015
nc -l 12345 | gzip -dc |\
    mplayer -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo fps=60:w=270:h=480:format=rgba -

and than launch in the phone this script ~phablet/cats.sh

#!/bin/sh
srcIP=`echo $SSH_CLIENT | cut -f1 -d' '`
port=12345
printf "mirscreencast'ing to %s port %s\n" $srcIP $port
echo PID: $$
# note about --cap-interval / -n and resulting fps (for mplayer):
# --cap-interval 10 -n 6   gives: 6  frames per sec (use fps=6 in myplayer)
# --cap-interval 1  -n 1   gives: 60 frames per sec (use fps=60 in myplayer)
# the later of course with a high cost of launching 60 time per sec
# the application 'mirscreencast' :-(
# and this only due to a bug in 'mirscreencast'; see:
# https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1439549
#
while true; do
  mirscreencast -m /run/mir_socket --stdout --cap-interval 1 -s 270 480 -n 1 || break
done | gzip -c | nc $srcIP $port

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."