Re: Disk usage in emulator

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the contrary, you were exactly right. Note that the output of 'mount'
shows /dev/mmcblk0 (bind) mounted in multiple locations:

Thanks, Niklas and Steve, for helping me understand what's going on here.

I've created a new emulator from stable, and before I do anything, this is what I see:
/dev/loop0      3.0G  1.5G  1.4G  53% /
udev            246M  4.0K  246M   1% /dev
tmpfs            50M  292K   50M   1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0    4.0G  3.2G  600M  85% /home
/dev/loop1      105M  104M  192K 100% /lib/modules
[...snipped the rest...]

So it looks like you start off with only 600MB usable space in /home. That's certainly enough for simple testing, but 100MB files aren't that uncommon. Combined with the need to make copies of files to live in different silos, this means that those of us testing file management can run out of room rather quickly. Is there a way to increase the allotted space, either pre- or post-creation?

Thanks,
Robert