Re: Running a Debian chroot on Ubuntu Phone, was: Re: MUA mutt

Hi

On Fri 17-Apr-2015 at 04:49:49PM +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> you would have to take the terminal app, roll your own version of it and
> make it completely unconfined (not sure that is possible at all though)

OK.

> because ssh is not inside a click package, you actually get pure shell
> access when using it ...
>
> one option would be "ssh localhost" ;) but that requires you to have
> your secret key on teh phone, not sure that is desirable ;)

If you secret key is on an encrypted partition on the phone it has
some security advantages over having you secret key on a laptop or
desktop that you don't always have with you.

Thanks for the ssh localhost suggestion, I should have thought of that,
it seems like the only viable option.

By the way what is the effect of not having a sim card in a phone --
does this result in the mobile radio not being activated? If it doesn't
what would be the most effective way to disable it in order to have a
wifi only device?

All the best

Chris

--