Re: Running a Debian chroot on Ubuntu Phone, was: Re: MUA mutt

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Chris Croome <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri 17-Apr-2015 at 04:49:49PM +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> >
> > you would have to take the terminal app, roll your own version of it and
> > make it completely unconfined (not sure that is possible at all though)
>
> OK.
>
> > because ssh is not inside a click package, you actually get pure shell
> > access when using it ...
> >
> > one option would be "ssh localhost" ;) but that requires you to have
> > your secret key on teh phone, not sure that is desirable ;)
>
> If you secret key is on an encrypted partition on the phone it has
> some security advantages over having you secret key on a laptop or
> desktop that you don't always have with you.
>
> Thanks for the ssh localhost suggestion, I should have thought of that,
> it seems like the only viable option.
>
> By the way what is the effect of not having a sim card in a phone --
> does this result in the mobile radio not being activated? If it doesn't
> what would be the most effective way to disable it in order to have a
> wifi only device?

Cellular radio is not deactivated because you are always allowed to call
emergency numbers. If you really want it disabled you can activate flight
mode, and then activate only WiFi.

Br,
Alfonso