Re: cookbook of use Ubuntu phone / FAQ

On 17/04/15 20:26, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> [...]
> For this I would prefer simple ASCII txt file or,
> for collective editing, some Wiki space [...]

That's the nice thing about GitBook: at it's core is just a bunch of
text files (Markdown actually, not my prefered Wiki syntax either)
in a Git repository which can be cloned, edited locally with one's
favorite text editor and pushed/pulled as would be done with any
other source code.  Following GitBook's structure enables a tool
chain to produce various documentation formats (PDF, EPUB, Web)
from these text files.  For me, that sounds very much like an Unix
approach.

> ... some Wiki space (which I can not offer).
> Any host around who could offer this?

There's GitHub with their wiki spaces.  Again, Git + Markdown,
this time without the tool chain.

Alternatively, launchpad offers the "Answers" tab on it's code
hosting platform, this time without tool chain and neither Git
nor Bazaar for cloning and offline editing.

regards, GG