Re: Vivid ubuntu-touch landings during the final freeze

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 05:14:31PM +0200, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> W dniu 18.04.2015 o 06:40, Steve Langasek pisze:
> > More technical details?

> > No one besides the LT needs to worry about it, but there's a new column in
> > the CI Train spreadsheet (column 'L') called 'Destination PPA'.  When
> > targeting the overlay PPA, you simply need to use the drop-down list and
> > select it for that column
> > (ci-train-ppa-service/ubuntu/stable-phone-overlay).  Empty column means land
> > to the archive.  But as mentioned above, the LT will take care of that for
> > you.  Please remember that since it's a PPA, there is no -proposed migration
> > so no britney-based checks are being run.

> Are the vivid silos configured to depend on that PPA so we can depend on
> new packages in there and build against them?

This detail was overlooked originally, but this of course does need to
happen.  I've adjusted the Ubuntu silos now to include a dependency on the
overlay ppa.

> IIUC when testing we need to add the overlay PPA prior to installing the
> silo in case there are new or updated packages required (that didn't yet
> make its way into an image)?

No moreso than you would need to do a dist-upgrade on the phone before
installing packages from a silo today.  The packages from this ppa will be
automatically pulled in to each subsequent image build.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx