Re: Media Player

Hi Matthias,

Am 19.04.2015 um 08:34 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día Sunday, April 19, 2015 a las 12:48:26AM +0200, sturmflut escribió:
>
>>> In the BQ is an app called Media Player. I wanted to use it to play a
>>> file VoiceMessage.wav and copied this file to ~phablet, i.e. to
>>> /home/phablet. The app says that I do not have selected any file to play
>>> and I should copy it "to the phone". Very nice, without saying to which
>>> directory :-(
>>
>> This one is a bit "strange" and I ran into it myself: the Media Player
>> app currently seems to not have an UI for selecting files, it has to be
>> called with a file. You can do that by e.g. selecting a file in the
>> Video or Music scopes or maybe by installing the "File Manager" (I am
>> not fully sure, my phone is in a somewhat broken state because I'm
>> happily debugging other things).
>
> Hi,
>
> What for a nice app, designed to play files but not having a file open
> dialog :-(
>
> Can this app (and others) be launched from the shell cmd line with args?

Apps are launched via the "ubuntu-app-launch" command. The following
example should point in the right direction:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ ubuntu-app-launch mediaplayer-app
video:///home/phablet/Videos/big_buck_bunny_480p_stereo.ogg

This mechanism isn't very stable on my phone though.

kind regards,
Simon