Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

On 04/25/2015 04:36 PM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Saturday, April 25, 2015 a las 11:02:00AM +0200, sturmflut escribió:

On 23.04.2015 19:04, Matthias Apitz wrote:
even my old (year 2008) Openmoko Freerunner has in its system configuration
screens one which is named 'Position' and which is showing all technical
details of the GPS, all visible sat elites, the values when having the fix, the
time until fix, etc. I will post later on some screenshots (have to
reactivate my FR);
I was about to build a clone of the "GPS Status" Android app yesterday
so we can finally see all the GPS details, but the QtLocation API
currently does not work as expected on the phone (see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/location-service/+bug/1448180). Apparently
this is about to be fixed, the API should then supply a list of
satellites in view, satellites used etc.
Hi Simon,

I see and I highly appreciate your (and of all others) efforts. Let me know
if something is ready to be tested and I can help with this.

Thanks

	matthias

I wrote a little script, that will convert the info of the satellites into a web page,
which you can view on the BQ itself.
( landscape works best )

-1 download the tarball at http://www.kapitein.org/sats.tgz
-2 extract it in the homedir of phablet ( /home/phablet )
-3 run the script: /home/phablet/scripts/gps/scripts/sats2html.sh &
-4 after a minute, open the browser and point it to file:///dev/shm/sats.html

I hope this will help someone.

Kind regards,
Ed