USB battery charger in a tin can

Hello,

>From the times with my other Linux based cellphone, the Openmoko
Freerunner, when battery life time was still a bigger issue than now
(thanks!) with r21 in our BQ, I wanted to share some detail. I bought
the pieces and put together in a small tin can of chewing gum an USB charger.
Details can be seen here: https://learn.adafruit.com/minty-boost
It has two rechargeable AA cells, some magic electronics to boost the
2.6V to 5V and can charge the phone device with it. I tested it today with the
BQ and it was able to charge the device from 77% to 96%, i.e. near 20%.
I do not know the capacity of the BQ battery, my two AA cells are of
2700 mAh.

Nice stuff and maybe someone needs it, or it can serve as a very last
resort of energy doing an emergency call in the moutains, or from where
ever :-) Mine Adafruits charger is of the year 2008 and still does fine :-)

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."