Re: battery 83% to 0% in 1 hour of not using the BQ

El día Wednesday, April 29, 2015 a las 10:08:47PM +0200, Ed Kapitein escribió:

> The other day my phone became very warm and on closer inspection the
> unity8 process was running 100% on one cpu.
> I rebooted the phone and after that is was fine.
> Something like that might drain your battery rather quick.
>
> You could run a script to monitor the battery temp and capacity:
> while sleep 60; do
>   date
>   cat /sys/devices/platform/battery/power_supply/battery/capacity
>   cat /sys/devices/platform/battery/power_supply/battery/temp
> done
>
> And if discharging goes faster then a certain value ( 10%/h ? ) you
> could text *your* phone so you can start investigation with top if a
> process is running at 100%.
> (  /usr/share/ofono/scripts/send-sms /ril_0 yourphonenumber "Start
> investigation" 0 )

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the hint re/ how sending SMS from shell; I will add this to
my howto; works nicely.

I'm attaching the screenshoot which I took right after re-boot and have
here the syslog: http://www.unixarea.de/syslog.ublina

The reboot was at 19:49:02, the last line before in syslog was 19:26:17;
I have glanced a bit through the log but can not see any unusual.

I will try to catch the enemy with a loop like the above logging every 5
minutes or so the:
- battery state
- temp state
- a complete 'top -b -n1' output

I will report back

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."