Ubuntu phone crashes and no way out

Today it happened to me the second time: I was doing nothing special on
the BQ Aquarius phone (I think today I was wanting to open the messaging
app). Then, all of a sudden the phone went black, the background light
was still on and there was no way out. It didn't come back on, and I
tried to press all the available hardware keys for more than 10 seconds
and all combinations of them too. Last week, when this happened the
first time, I could connect to the phone via the adb shell once, till
the connection broke. I think to remember that the SD-Card was
accessible. Also charging didn't bring back any life to the
screen/phone.

Both times the only solution was to wait till the battery was empty
(half a day). Afterwards it worked normally again.

Did anybody have this experience before? And does anybody know a
solution for the actual moment when this happens or how to fix it in
general?

Thank you
meles

Follow ups