Re: rndis networking

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 22:46 +1000, Mitchell Reese wrote:
> Really? You're using X through your phone? Could you please outline how
> you're going about this? Very interested. Are you using a chrooted
> environment, or have you installed the packages directly?

Hi Mitchell,

Yes i am using a chroot, on the SD card, using an raspberry pi image.
( armv6 )
After setting up the jail, you can configure the xdm server to accept X
sessions.
You need an X server ( laptop, desktop, RPI or something ) to connect to
the phone.
Make sure the host files all contain the same information, X is picky
about hostname/ip address correctness.
I am using pulsesudio over TCP to get the audio to the X server.

It takes some time to set it up, but so far it it works fine.
The phone is about as responsive as my samsung N150 netbook.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask again if you hit any bumps.

Kind regards,
Ed