Re: RFC: Help app design

Hi Daniel,

Le 20/05/2015 09:45, Daniel Holbach a écrit :
Hello Daniel.

On 19.05.2015 18:46, Daniel Sean McGuire wrote:
Attached is a new prototype showing what would happen when the user selects "Playing Music".

great work as always. I just wrote a blog entry to summarise the
feedback we received so far:

  https://daniel.holba.ch/blog/2015/05/more-help-app-design-ponderings/

Does anyone have more ideas on what we could do with the help app? Would
anyone like to get involved?

I had problems to test that app in emulator, so I can't say more on the current version.

So I downloaded code from launchpad and I saw that it is a webapp.
Do webapp have technical constrains (compared to native apps ?)

For example, i would propose :
- to have the search button in the header.
when user does a search, the results are in a new page

- the first list should be a grid (2 or 3 columns) and have icons+text
("basic tasks", "user interface", "settings"...)
It'll make the app more friendly, more visual (similar to "system settings")

- in the content pages, I think it's interesting to have a first part that list only the questions, then a second part that list each Q&A.
That way, user has quickly a global view of the subjects on the page
Or each question collapse to show the answer bellow.
But the idea is to have first only the list of questions.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask me some explanations/mockups if I was not clear.

Michel