Re: Image based updates

Thank you very much for your reply!

Am Do, 28. Mai, 2015 um 4:45 schrieb Sergio Schvezov <sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 02:59:42PM +0200, Niklas Wenzel wrote:
 Thank you for the detailed explanation!

 So that means that if I manually install a package, it gets reverted
 to the one included in the system image when updating, before
 applying the diff and no matter if I switched back to read-only mode
 before or not, right?

Only if the diff contains something from the package you modified. The
full package wouldn't get reverted, you'd have inconsistency in the
files that belong to the package that were changed.

Ah, ok. Do my changes persist if the package isn't modified? Or are there any other issues in that case?

 If I understand it correctly, I always have to reinstall the package
 but I do not have to do any cleanup work like reverting to read-only
 mode. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

It's the other way around, if you install a package manually you have to cleanup before updating or fall into a potentially broken system (if you
know what you are modifying the risk is a lot lower)

Related to my questions above: If the package I changed isn't updated, do I still need to revert my system partition to a pristine state?