Re: recommended headphone for BQ E4.5 with micro

These 2 ring mini jacks (sleeve, ring 2, ring 1, tip) are very different.
The pin is left audio most of the time, the first sleeve is then right
audio. Most times the sleeve and second ring are used for mic and ground so
when you put then in a 1 ring mini jack, they are both connected to the
ground.

Most commonly, the button on the mic is just a switch between the ground
and ring 2 with a resistance. And the mic is also connected between ring 2
and the sleeve. Even with this "standard" the mic resistance and button
resistance differs.

Sometimes ring 2 and the sleeve are switched and sometimes there are even
more exotic things.

The apple headsets are like the last one but even more complex. The volume
buttons give a specific signal to indicate a press.

These are all hardware compatibilities. You can hack/solder them to switch
the sleeve and ring 2 if that is the issue. That can often be done in the
mic compartment (if you can disassemble this)

Pin-out 's can often be found on http://pinoutsguide.com/HeadsetsHeadphones