Re: Apps wishlist

El día Monday, June 08, 2015 a las 11:38:31AM +0300, Simos Xenitellis escribió:

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Related to this, I do not want to have on my Ubuntu phone proprietary apps
> > or apps with proprietary protocols which you may not have control over,
> > which may have back doors and which may are "phoning home" to the
> > developer. This was for me the main reason to select the Ubuntu phone.
> > I deinstalled, fofr example, the HERE app.
> >
> > And, I do not need "Whats Ape" or Skype.
> >

> You can remove an app as Filip mentioned, or you can just switch to the
> devel-proposed channel which will take away any bq customizations.

I know that I can remove any app (btw: didn't I said this above about
the HERE app). What is important IMHO is a big warning on any app which is not
under source control of the community in the style like we have this in Europa
on the packets of cigarettes.

> It would be great when the phone browser gets support to access the mic and
> camera, so that it would work to use https://meet.jitsi.org/ or similar.

Wouldn't this mean that any kind of JS running in the browser,
downloaded from a malignant side would have the same possibility?

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."