Re: Apps wishlist

Den 08. juni 2015 16:25, skrev Michael Zanetti:

Hi,

On 08.06.2015 07:45, Sid Payton wrote:
Hello Wayne,

Maybe even better yet, you could create a website which contains
an already filled out email everyone of us can sign and it sends an
email to the developer. Maybe this way a lot more will contact the
developers and the demand rises.

I for one would love to just select the app I want, type in my
email and maybe add a few lines of my own to the email and just
press send.

If you pick up on this idea I could help you in writing some of
those emails maybe.

while I would agree that showing interest is generally a good thing,
I'm not sure if spamming developers with multiple copies of the same
mail will cause the desired effect...

Br,
Michael

Good point!

Maybe another way of doing this could be to make a web page containing a list of apps allowing users to tick (vote for) the ones they wished to see appear on the Ubuntu phone, thereby causing a counter to increment? This way it would be immediately visible for all how popular the different suggestions were.

This also presupposes some form of login, for example using an email addres, in order to discourage individual users from spamming the site with votes for their favorites (which would of course eventually be discovered and thus undermine the whole project).

At regular intervals one could then send en email to the developer of each app informing them of the status of (# of votes for) their app. (If each suggested app was registered with the email of its developer, then one could conceivably implement this last feature as a one-command-opperation for the webadmin of the site.)

I don't have the skills to set this up myself, but I know it's possible. Or maybe there is an even better way?

Regards,
Ari

Anyway, I like your idea. Wish you and all of us best of luck.

Jan

On 7 Jun 2015 23:27, "wayne Ward" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx