Re: Battery drain while charging during the night.

El día Tuesday, June 09, 2015 a las 02:48:40PM -0600, Selene Scriven escribió:

> * Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > BQ.com's support said to me that I should re-calibrate the
> > battery. Which I now have done ...
>
> It would be nice if the battery firmware (or whatever low-level
> code converts its voltage to a percent) would stop trying so hard
> to be smart.  Sometimes dumb is better. ...

Hi Selene,

Thanks for sharing technical thoughts and background.

I'm in the position of having two BQ E4.5 and two USB cables. I will
mark them and switch them too, to see if this changes anything.

As I said, between 5 pm and 6:45 pm my wife's BQ suffered again a total
drain. We recharged the device between 7pm and midnight and attached is
the picture what the battery says this morning. Interestingly, it shows
100% but the red line stays on zero.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."