Re: Battery drain while charging during the night.

Hello everybody,

This would result in some slightly odd-looking behavior, such as
the charge going *up* after the user stops doing an intensive
task (voltage sags under heavy load, and recovers when the load
stops)...  and over time the "full" charge might end up being
less than 100%.  But it would at least be completely transparent
and avoids a whole class of bizarre and confusing bugs.

This is exactly the way my old android phone running Cyanogenmod used to behave.
It felt odd at the beginning but after reading up on the way batteries work, it
made perfect sense.  Could we not, since the source for the BQ4.5 is open
(correct me if I'm wrong), modify it to behave like that? Is the percentage
being read directly from the firmware or is it possible to get the raw voltage?
I don't really think that BQ will do anything about it. They probably just
exchange the hardware and blame it on that.

Best,
Torsten