Re: Apps wishlist

Good morning,

On 10.06.2015 07:06, Benjamin Tegge wrote:

> On the other hand I would support a little indication in the store that
> an application is maintained by the Ubuntu community or entirely open
> source.

every app has a "license" field, it is currently displayed at the very
end of the app details in the store.

Ideas:

- Parse the license field and put an "Open Source" label (or something
similar) on the app icon.

- Let the user filter for FOSS apps (or even specific licenses) during
search. Maybe have a persistent setting for it, so users who only want
to use FOSS apps never get to see the proprietary ones.

- Split the "Highlight of the week" section in the store scope into
sections for FOSS, non-free and paid apps, to make the difference more
visible.

- etc.

cheers,
Simon