Re: OTA 4 bugs and bugs not fixed

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:42:01 +0200
Johan Velthuizen <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Bluetooth problem still exist on my BQ as well, the phone will
> connect to the Bluetooth device but when a call comes in we got
> silence. Sometimes it will help to push the green button on the
> device twice to activate the speakers. But when using a GPS
> navigation there is only silence and no way to activate the speakers.
>

> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Johan Velthuizen
>
> Op 17-06-15 om 10:23 schreef Michael Zanetti:
> > Hi Gareth,
> >
> > On 17.06.2015 00:33, Gareth France wrote:
> >> So, one day with OTA4 and this is what I have observed.
> >>
> >> Is it just me or has the light on the front changed colour?
> > Yes, that changed to align it with the colour of the icon in the
> > indicators panels.
> >
> >> Bluetooth is still unusable. When connecting to my car stereo it
> >> does not route the sound, instead it remains using the internal
> >> handset speaker. Was this supposed to be resolved this time? It's
> >> a fairly big show stopper bug for me and using a cable to connect
> >> the phone to the stereo is getting pretty old now.
> > Hmm, odd. This seems to work fine for me. Can you share more
> > details on what device you are connecting to? Does it show up as
> > connected in the Bluetooth settings?
> >
> >> Unable to transfer files to the PC. This evening I needed to
> >> access some photos on my laptop but it no longer recognises the
> >> phone as a storage device. This was working fine only a day or two
> >> ago. Is anyone else seeing this?
> > Nothing changed for me there either. Still works as MTP device like
> > it did before (not a mass storage media device). What operating
> > system are you running on your PC? Please make sure that the screen
> > is unlocked when you try to connect. For security reasons, MTP does
> > not accept new incoming connections while the screen is locked.
> >
> > Br,
> > Michael

It maybe that your car stereos are using a service that is only
supported by bluez5 this is not on the phone image yet but should
hopefully be in the wily time frame if all goes well.

For me My Skoda Superb connects an functions beautifully. If you can
file a bug with the specifics of your stereo it would be useful. Same
goes for anyone else.
--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)