Re: Running arecord

Torsten thanks so much for your recommendation!
TweakGeek changed my life, I can now listen to Spotify on my Ubuntu phone!

Cheers,
Bastien

On 23/06/15 23:13, Torsten Sachse wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Marco A. Harrendorf wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2015, 10:09 +0200 schrieb chg 1:
I'd like running arecord from console during some minutes even wen I
do a phone call.  Now it stops very soon. Perhaps it would be
possible with some extra commands.  Thanks, Cesar
you observe most likely the same problem as described in the parallel
mir screencast thread. The terminal app and other apps get a SIGSTOP
signal after switching to another app or after some time to save the
battery power.

I am not sure if there is any solution to let an app run in background
forever at the moment. I think up to now you have to start such an app
by using the dbus-manager or from a ssh shell.  Maybe you can ask
again how to start a background app?  I think we should file a feature
request since in my opinion it will be useful to have the possibility
to let an app running in the background.

you can install "TweakGeek" from the open app store [1] with help of the
terminal app. With "TeakGeek", you can prevent any app you choose from
receiving the SIGSTOP (somebody mentioned this on this list today,
thanks angain!). Filing a feature request is the better way to go,
though since preventing an app from being hibernated will drain your
battery. But for the time being, I can recommend "TweakGeek".

Cheers,
Torsten

[1]: https://open.uappexplorer.com/docs#install