Re: Brainstorm for more developers/apps

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM, sturmflut <sturmflut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - Push notifications can only be delivered via a server that's hosted by
> Canonical.

​Just like Google Cloud Messaging, Apple Push Service​, and a few others. I
don't think there's anything out of order in that regard. You want the
phone to sustain a single connection and only talk to a single push service.

> You have to change all your own server-side code to use this
> service.

​I don't agree with "change all your own server-side code". Telegram
implemented push support in matter of hours.

> The service is currently highly unstable, I only get about half
> of the Telegram notifications I am supposed to receive.

​I'll let someone from the push team to comment on that. I have some
reservations as well in that regard.

Thanks,
karni​

--