Re: Identifying image versions easily

* Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to find a single, short, pronouncable token that
> can appear on the main "About This Phone" screen, which
> provides the most useful information to tech support (and also
> bug triagers).
>
> There seem to be eight things involved in distinguishing an
> image.  ...

I usually just include a copy of /etc/system-image/channel.ini or
system-image-cli -i alongside every test, bug, etc.  Anything
less usually leads to ambiguity and confusion.

However, most of the details can be derived from knowing the
device type, channel path, and build number.  For example:

  ubuntu-device-flash flash --revision 40 query --channel ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en --device arale --show-image

The syntax is a little weird, but it's one way to get the
individual part versions if they weren't supplied.

-- Selene