Re: Identifying image versions easily

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 01:27:33PM -0600, Selene Scriven wrote:
> > I believe they can only be at '1' in a channel once.

> Yes, each channel has its own build number scheme.  At the moment
> we have 35 public channels per device.

Well, that depends on what you mean by "public".

$ ubuntu-device-flash query --device mako --list-channels | wc -l
16
$

(and several of the channels listed there - namely the "-proposed" channels
- should perhaps not be.)

> And the channels generally change at least every six months with the
> Ubuntu release (though sometimes more often).

Nope; this was fixed as part of the channel refactor at the time of the
vivid release.  You'll notice that those channels no longer reference Ubuntu
release names.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx