Re: wifi connecting to unauthenticated hotspots in preference to authenticated known hotspots

It might be something along those lines, the worst offender is hotspots called "BTWifi-with-FON" which is incredibly common as the BT home hub broadcasts this as a guest network. Maybe I once connected to one of these and now it loves all of them? I just found the thing in the settings menu to get it to forget previous networks, and removed it, so maybe that will help matters.

Alan.