Rotation issues after OTA-5

I have an issue which I'm curious to find if anyone else is experiencing and also if it has been previously reported.

When using the game Machines vs Machines it displays a message instructing you to rotate the phone when in portrait mode, rotate it to landscape and enjoy the game. Previously when quitting I would rotate back to portrait, swipe to bring up the task switcher and swipe the game down to quit. Now when rotating back to portrait the game does not rotate and the launcher is still only available in landscape mode.

In order to quit I have to bring up the launcher and go back to the apps scope to get the phone back into the correct orientation.

Follow ups