Re: Slow/hanging performance

On 03/08/15 12:13, Andrea Bernabei wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been trying (in spare time) to find the cause of such occasional freezes, could you please check the bug I just filed and see if the same happens to your phone when it freezes?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1480877

Cheers,
Andrea

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:30 AM, nick luigi eusebio <kugi_igi@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kugi_igi@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I do get this too on my E5 when connecting or disconnecting the
    WiFi but it doesn't last long, probably only 10 seconds at max. I
    assume it's related to the scope loading/processing data.

    *From:* joerg Berroth <joergberroth@xxxxxx
    <mailto:joergberroth@xxxxxx>>
    *To:* ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    *Sent:* Monday, August 3, 2015 12:28 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Slow/hanging performance

    Hi,
    I also noticed this. Not 100% sure but for me it happened twice
    and It
    seems that if wifi network loses the current network connection,
    the system
    can (not always) hang for up to 30 secs beeing almost not responsive.
    Could that be in your case, too?
    Dont have a log for these cases but try to get it next time.
    Joerg

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1480844

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug

    > On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Christian Dywan <
    > christian.dywan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    >> What you're describing sounds familiar to me.
    >>
    >> Some of the times when I type my PIN and all digits don't
    register. I'm
    >> not certain of there's always a delay or touches are actually
    >> being missed
    >> - my instincts usually lead me to cancel the moment I realize a
    delay is
    >> there because a wrong PIN will waste time and potentially lock
    me out
    >> temporarily.
    >>
    >> It's not obvious to me that it's an issue with the input
    itself, my guess
    >> is that something occupies the CPU at the same time.
    >>
    >> Btw this is on E4.5 with OTA-5, no custom stuff.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>    Christian
    >>

    >> Am Sa, 1. Aug, 2015 um 4:51 schrieb Chris <godochris@xxxxxxxxx>:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Since about a month I got those situations where my phone
    becomes very
    >> very slow and unresponsive.
    >>
    >> When I press power button to unlock I try to type my unlock
    password, but
    >> nothing happens and after a few seconds entire password pops in
    (however
    >> incorrect), I try to type again - I got vibration as a
    feedback, but no
    >> dots representing each number form the pin.
    >>
    >> I manage to unlock the phone, but still - phone does not react
    to any
    >> gesture. Even when it finally starts reacting (about 30
    seconds) - those
    >> reactions are very slow.
    >>
    >> I normally try to keep dialling app open all the time (in
    >> background) so I
    >> don't have to wait for it to load each time I want to use it.
    >> But even when
    >> I manage to switch to it - again it takes time for the phone
    >> to react to my
    >> touches.
    >>
    >> I cannot figure when does it happen. Usually in the morning
    after couple
    >> hours of inactivity, but there is hardly any rule to it.
    >>
    >> How do I report it and where? It really seem quite hard to
    replicate etc,
    >> but it is annoying nevertheless.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Chris
    >>

    >> --

-- Versandt, mit Dekko von meinem Ubuntu-Gerät

    Post to    : ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    More help  : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp