Re: unable to use data connection on bq aquaris E4.5

On 04/08/15 13:51, Marek Greško wrote:
Hello,

I am unable to use data connection on bq aquaris E4.5.

It was working some time before, but then suddenly stopped working. I am not sure what changed these times.

Now I can see the 3G icon, but cannot transfer any data.

I use Orange operator in Slovakia. I tested the card in another phone and it works without any problem.

When I check the APN status, the check box is at wap APN. I change it to the Internet one, test connection, not working, check APN status, and it is switched to wap again.

I tried to list contexts from command line and I see the type of the internet APN is internet. According to operator suggestions, it should be default,supl, not internet.

I have a second SIM installed and disabled data by operator. I tried also to remove the second SIM, but with same result.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Marek

Hi Marek,

My internet stopped working yesterday night (GMT) and returned to normal today after 8PM If I were you, I would look up your operator's APN setting and use "custom APN"
go Settings -> Mobile -> Carrier -> APN -> Custom Internet APN...

APN: internet
username: wap
password: wap
source: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=204
https://windowsphonesk.wordpress.com/2006/10/15/orange-sk-gprsmms-settings/
you can double-check with what shows in another phone where internet works.

Activate and select "custom" in APN menu.

What usually happen is that operator sends you automatic internet settings and these may have affect the original one you had (not sure). Other time something like this happened to me I noticed that username and password were missing.

Finally you can try to activate data roaming to see what would happen, but be careful if you live close to the border (cant tell you how close, but I once on the sea coast in UK picked up French signal).

That's where my mobile knowledge ends, hope that helps a little...