Re: SDcard content not visible

On 2 October 2015 at 06:46, Mitchell Reese <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi James, sorry for the late reply - busy time of late. Attached are my
> logs - let me know how you go. Still having issues - card is mounted, but
> media scanner not picking up any music. I recently changed sdcards (16gb
> from 8gb), however the system is recognising the new card, I can view files
> on the device, etc., just not being picked up by music. New pictures
> however taken with the camera seem fine.
>
> Issue seems to be this:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  UNIQUE constraint failed: media_attic.id
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Can you please copy replies to: mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I work in the Arts (theatre company), and am flat out with projects right
> now. Keen to see this sorted, but might miss something on the mailing list.

Thanks for the log files.  I have an idea about where the problem lies and
will work on a fix.  I've created a bug report to track it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mediascanner2/+bug/1501990

To get your own device unstuck, try running the following commands in the
terminal or via "adb shell":

    stop mediascanner-2.0
    rm ~/.cache/mediascanner-2.0/mediastore.db
    start mediascanner-2.0

This will cause all your media to be reindexed from a clean slate, which
should resolve the issue.  When I get the fix ready it should be able to
deal with databases in this state, so waiting is another option (that could
be a while though: it will probably miss the imminent OTA release).

James.