Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

Alright if there is another way to do it, then i'm all for it :)

On 02/10/2015 09:36, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
On 02.10.2015 10:29, Yann wrote:
If I can add my insight ... I think some applications (not all) should
be able to run on background like Facebook for example ... everybody has
Facebook Messenger on other platforms, and they write messages only
through this program. The problem is that we don't have any Facebook
notification (or at least i don't, and yet i have activated the FB
notifications in settings), and as long as we don't check the webpage,
we don't know. Maybe there is a way to have notifications only for
private messages ??
I think that for this case, as well as the Dekko example mentioned at
the beginning of the thread, are not good use cases for asking apps to
be able to run in the background.
The reason is that I want to get e-mail and Facebook notifications
regardless of whether the respective application is running or not. So,
at least for these cases some kind of system service must be used. Maybe
we don't have it right now, but that's the way to go IMHO.

I still believe that background processing is something we'll have to
allow in some cases (especially for navigation apps), but I'm also
against allowing any app to continue running in the background.

Ciao,
   Alberto