Re: AllSeen Alliance

Hey Krzysztof,

Am 11/23/2015 um 03:24 PM schrieb Krzysztof Tataradziński:
> Thanks for clarification! :)

>> In theory Canonical doesn't really have to "get the phone working" with
>> appliances as long as they can be talked to over some technology the
>> phone supports (at the moment WiFi and Bluetooth). Take for example the
>> "Shine" app by Michael Zanetti, it has been talking to Philips Hue lamps
>> for months already. Add background processing and notifications and
>
> What is Canonical current stance? Does that features in plan or not?
> If yes, is there any schedule for that?

We filed a couple of bugs against the app lifecycle and I've proposed a
possible solution based on other ideas in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-application-lifecycle/+bug/1502078/comments/4
, but apart from that it's been pretty quiet.

You can always take tweakgeek from the Open Store and disable the app
lifecycle for specific apps. This works quite well for me and I use it a
lot, haven't really noticed any significant degradation in battery life
running Dekko and other stuff in the background. But I doubt this can be
a long-term solution.

cheers,
Simon