Re: music app doesn't play music.

On 11/25/2015 02:10 PM, Ashwin Sewambar wrote:
Well, I don't want to sound rude, but, I've had three replies: One
telling me that my music should be copied in the 'music folder', one
telling me to reboot, and one telling me that it's just an ordinary crash.

It does come across as a little bit rude. You didn't give anything close to enough information at the start. Just "the music app doesn't play any music" which we know isn't fundamentally true of the app, and what amounts to 'I'm going to be really vague about what version of Ubuntu I'm running but you get three guesses.'

So someone tried to address the obvious: the Music app only plays music under a specific folder, and then in case that's not the problem, others asked for more information are trying to troubleshoot more information by testing if this is something that goes away after a reboot or if it's a persistent problem.

"Try rebooting" doesn't mean "and then stop bothering us if it works after that, because it's not really a problem." It means "We need to know if this is a temporary problem that is caused by something failing, and this is one way to try and determine a starting condition."

Meanwhile, the logs you sent someone seem to suggest that it's an ordinary crash of a system service, and it is useful to know if MediaHub is NEVER running on your tablet, or if it starts out running and then crashes later.

In any case, this is the nature of troubleshooting, and since the Music app generally works on every device except yours, we're going to need to examine your device if we're to find out what makes yours different.

This problem has been persistent on OTA-6, OTA-7 AND OTA-8 and in both
the rc-proposed and stable channels. I'd just like to have some music
now and/or file a bug report if necessary. Anyone out here who wants to
take this issue seriously?

Bugs are invisible and don't exist unless there's a bug report filed. I understand you're frustrated and just want some music, but the problem hasn't existed for anybody else until 8 hours ago when you posted about it on the mailing list.

You can take the first step toward taking the bug seriously and notifying the developers and tracking its status by filing a bug below:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/

It's going to be only the first in a process that is probably going to require a small amount of work on your part in providing information about your device, if you are interested in doing so.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/